Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Kindle Tablet Cover

I really wanted to experiment making it as padded as possible since I was making it for my nephew. I made him one for Christmas out of flannel and within months of a lot of love he was in need for another one. During spring break he came to visit and asked for it. In the course of two evenings I was done. I used fussible pello 971F, and to that I added a layer of felt for batting. Added music key notes as applique.

The cover opens from the top into the side.
It was a bit of a challenge to figure out how to add the limning. You sew it as if it were a regular zipper pouch and then the insides together leaving an open gap to be able to flip the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment