Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Christmas projects 2013

Projects before the blog.
I am trying to catch up on adding all the things I made before I started this blog. 

My Christmas tree needed a skirt and I needed a challenge. I was really excited to quilt a round project. It was quite a learning experience, especially learning that the binding fabric must be cut at a 45 degree angle to give it room to move. With this project I also discovered what that quilting guide was for! It allows you to follow your previous line when quilting. 
As always a new tool was needed to explore this new technique. I bought a 10 to cut each triangle, but that will be another post, meanwhile enjoy the beauty of my finished project.
Also, this was the first project I decided to give hand binding a try, and now I can't go back. I hand bind everything. It gives it such a better, more professional finish.

Christmas Tree Skirt






Table Runners / Mats

Since I had a lot of Christmas fabric left and I wanted to keep experimenting with round project I made two table runners/ table decoration mats. I wish I would have taken better pictures, but they are now in their new homes being loved. oh well! these will do. I made these for two of my mom's good friends who are special to me.




This I made like a Dresden flower on a wider scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment