Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Mason Jar Straw and Sleeve


Every once in a while I'll send Seth off to work with a green smoothie or some sort of freshly homemade drink, like "agua fresca" or iced tea. We all prefer to drink from a glass container and that is why mason jars are so great. I searched all over for a tutorial to add a straw, read several different ones and this is the bottom line.


What you need:
  • A drill with a 3/8 inch drill bit
  • Mason Jar with lid (any size) I prefer the regular one, but I know the wide mouth is easier to clean.
  • Rubber grommets These are hard to find, only because they are so small and get lost in the store. I found them at my local home depot, also at Pep Boys in their electronic section.
  • Plastic reusable straws These are very seasonal for stores, Target and World Market carry them over the summer, you can also buy them on etsy.



1. Drill a hole into the lid.


2. Add the rubber grommet.




3. Jar and Straw




ALL DONE!



For the sleeve I measured around the jar and allowed 2" more. Applied fusible interfacing Pellon 101 on the exterior side, then sewed around the edge 1/4" leaving a 2" opening to flip around, edge stitched and added the button.

IT IS THAT EASY...YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!!
Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment