Tuesday, February 25, 2014

sewing supplies

Now I'll share with you my list of basic sewing and quilting supplies I own.


  • Olfa self healing cutting mat



  • Rulers


I have different sizes and shapes, but you can survive with just the long rectangular one.

  • Scissors 

I have paper scissors, fabric scissors, fabric pinking scissors, and a pair of tiny ones. They are all Fiskars.




  • Rotary cutter 

It also is Fiskars brand along with the replacement blades.

  • Pins

Buy flat pins, I do not recommend these ones with the round end.

  • Iron


My iron is Black and Decker, but any iron will work. I iron my pieces on a wool setting or for some irons #5. It is very important to know you DO NOT ADD WATER! Water will stretch your fabric and make it uneven and hard to match the pieces together. You can either prewash the fabric or wash your finished product.
  • Ironing board
  • Sewing machine
  • Thread

I use all kinds of thread from cheap to expensive only because I do not care much about this sewing machine and I sew on a budget. Cheap thread frays and leave a lot of lint residue everywhere which can break your machine. I recommend Coats & Clark, or Gutterman.

  • Needles #14 for sewing and #11 for quilting


  • Fabric
  • 1/4 inch presser foot

  • Seam ripper 

  • Safety pins


  • Quilt basting spray



This is a good place to stop or this list will never end. Ready to sew along?

Happy sewing




No comments:

Post a Comment