Tuesday, March 18, 2014

New tool Tuesday

With every project I begin, with any new technique I try, I always end up buying a new gadget, a new tool, a new something.

Let me review it here.

This week's purchase was a 1 1/4 inch ruler. 


My new quilt required strips to be 1 1/4 inches. It was hard to achieve this with my standard ruler; the markings come in increments of 1/2 inch. I tried following the other markings but it was hard and time consuming. I headed to the store in search of a ruler with quarter inch markings, which I am sure will come in handy for other future projects. I found the perfect one! it is a 1 1/4 inch ruler. Just the perfect size! They read my mind!

It is a 1 1/4" by 12" Olfa brand, and has a special coating on the bottom to prevent sliding.


No comments:

Post a Comment